BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

MIS Assignment 7

President's SONA on ICT

"Assuming" I had heard the State of the Nation Address of President Arroyo.LOL Here are some quoted statements I picked up after reading the State of the Nation address of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo last July of 2009 that relates to ICT.

Sa telecommunications naman, inatasan ko ang Telecommunications Commission na kumilos na tungkol sa mga sumbong na dropped calls at mga nawawalang load sa cellphone. We need to amend the Commonwealth-era Public Service Law. And we need to do it now....

Quoted by her excellency President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, this statement is my favorite. Haha. This issue is familiar to me for I am also a phone user just like almost everyone of us. Today almost everyone uses cell phones as a primary means of communication. The problem here is the issue of vanishing cell phone loads. Telecommunication companies do have great deal of promos for their users benefit, they have unlimited calls and text but then problems occur when loads suddenly vanishes and expires ahead of time. It is a good idea of giving priority to this issue because communication is important for people nowadays specially those who have contacts in far places.

Kung noong nakaraan, lumakas ang electronics, today we are creating wealth by developing the BPO and tourism sectors as additional engines of growth. Electronics and other manufactured exports rise and fall in accordance with the state of the world economy. But BPO remains resilient. With earnings of $6 billion and employment of 600,000, the BPO phenomenon speaks eloquently of our competitiveness and productivity. Let us have a Department of ICT....

Let us define first BPO. This is the definition I got from Wikipedia. Business process outsourcing (BPO) is a form of outsourcing that involves the contracting of the operations and responsibilities of a specific business functions (or processes) to a third-party service provider.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_process_outsourcing

It would be a great idea of having a department that concerns Information Technology related activities. We all know that IT plays an important role in our everyday life and it would be great if there is a government department that deals with issues regarding IT. Outsourcing is also a good step of the president because this will allow those who don’t have a job to have one by outsourcing.

As the process of fundamental political reform begins, let us address the highest exercise of democracy...voting!
In 2001, I said we would finance fully automated elections. We got it, thanks to Congress....


Wew! automated election. I totally agree of having automated elections but I think this would be done step by step as what I have said on the other assignment regarding automated elections. As a democratic country everyone should participate in choosing who they want to lead the country and this is done through elections. The problem is not everyone knows how to read and write so manual elections could not well address to democracy. But having automated elections, it would be easier to vote and this will help those who are illiterate to choose freely who they want to lead the country.


gAbEe
Ü

0 comments: